The purpose of this workshop method is to create alignment about prioritization. This method can be used for prioritization of ideas and other activities.
|Number of people|
This is a team exercise. Bring your team and your stakeholders.
Post its & pens and wall or similar online tools like Mural
- Invite people you need alignment and help to prioritize.
- Collect all your business ideas, tasks or other things that you want to prioritize.
- Print the template and put it on the wall, including all the post-its or use a similar on digital form.
- Describe the template for the team.
- Vertical axis is impact
- Horizontal axis is organizational effort
- Make the team put up the post-its with the things you want to prioritize in the different areas.
- Have a discussion and move the post-its around until you are done.
- Make a decision what ideas you want to continue to work on (sometimes you wish to start with ideas that have big impact and little effort (low-hanging fruits), but sometimes you wish to start with an idea that has big impact and big effort.
Example of a prioritization exercise